Author's Note

Chapter 7 :D Which will hopefully be better than 6. It includes more character development and stuff rather than lots of dialogu as this will mostly be Luna's thoughts. Chapter 6 was supposed to be a part of this (Or um, vice versa), but I didn't like how it went together without it being two separate chapters, but yeah, 6 WAS needed, so it's not completely filler, even if it might have seemed to be.

Oh, and for those wondering why "something" (Not saying as to not give away the chapter) of Luna's is pink, her whole bedroom is pink in both the anime and the game, even her computer color scheme. While she seems to wear lots of blue and other ocean colors (Which makes sense as the moon is what controls the ocean's tide and thus, the two coincide a lot with eachother), if you spoke to her room, most things seem to point to the fact that she really likes the color pink too.

Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next

Two Years - Chapter 7

At that moment, Subaru's transer started to ring and soon after, so did both Gonta's and Kizamaro's. Luna slowly came back to consiousness from the sound and stood up quickly noticing the position she was in, looking away to cover the crimson shade of her face. Subaru pressed a button on his transer, causing his mother to show on a screen.

"Where have you been?! I know you went to Inchou's, after school, but are you still there?" Akane's voice came from the transer. Over to the left, Gonta and Kizamaro were having similar discussions with their parents and to the right, Misora had gotten one from cancer. "Yeah, I'm still here." Subaru answered. "Everybody's here."

"Misora-chi!" Came the sound from Misora's transer.

"What is it now, Cancer?"

"You shouldn't be there so late-buku. You need to get plenty of rest for your performance later this week-buku!"

"I'll be fine, Cancer..." Misora sighed, heading to turn it off when she overheard Subaru's conversation with Akane.

Akane gave a sigh of relief at Subaru's response. "Next time, remember to check in. It's late though, so why don't you bring everyone here for the night?"

"A sleep over?!" Misora shouted in glee. "That'd be awesome!" Turning to her transer, "I can go, right Cancer?! Please?"

"I guess so-buku." Cancer responded back with a sigh.

"Well, I'd expect everybody to go right to bed though... It is late." Akane replied to Misora's shouts.

"It'd still be really neat!" Gonta added.

"Alright, alright... I'll call your guardians, okay?" Akane told the group. Three gave ecstatic nods, the only one who didn't show any emotion was Luna. She couldn't decide if she was happy or upset about it.

A few minutes later, Subaru's transer rang again. "Everyone said yes." Akane said, receiving cheers. "However...Inchou, your parents' didn't answer."

Luna opened her transer to look at the time. "10:05PM...they're on a plane at the moment, probably asleep."

"Would you like to come anyway, then? It's probably not fun there alone." Akane asked.

"If you'd like me to, I'll go."

"Then I expect each of you to get a sleeping bag and some pajamas, okay? Don't forget a new set of clothes in the morning too."

And with that, Akane hung up and Misora, Gonta, and Kizamaro headed out. Luna quickly began cleaning up the room, to make it look as pristine as before. Subaru started to put the game he took out away and made sure to put his remote back where it had been to begin with.

"Shouldn't you be heading home?" Luna asked, picking up Kizamaro's and Gonta's controllers that they happened to leave behind.

"Yeah, but I need to clean up my mess, and besides, seeing how you're coming too, I might as well wait for you."

"Thanks.." Luna said softly.

"No problem. And before you say anything, I'm perfectly aware you'd have been fine by yourself."

Luna just glared at him as she put Kizamaro's and Gonta's games back. "There. Are you finished on your side?"

"Yeah. I put the things Misora-chan took out away as well."

Luna looked over to Subaru, a bit nervous about what she was about to ask. "Could you...um..."

"What is it?"

"Well...erm..." Luna sighed. Asking for help like this wasn't really her strong point, especially when it was help from him. "My sleeping bag. It's at the top of the closet in the main room by the entrance. Could you please get it for me? It's the light pink one." Luna said quickly.

Subaru just smiled and said "Sure." And with that, he headed out of the room, but quickly stuck his head back in to ask a question. "Should I go to your room when I get it or..."

"I'll meet you there."

Luna headed down the hallway to her room. Opening the doors, she took the ribbon out of her hair and began to brush out the curls, leaving just her long wavy hair behind. She made sure to take out her "normal" outfit as most people considered it to be and pack it, all accessories included. She then grabbed her nightgown and began to change. She looked over at her bed, it was the first time she'd be sleeping somewhere else, or even somewhere that there'd be other people as far as she could remember. Taking a quick look at herself in the mirror, she wondered if she looked okay. Afterall, Subaru was waiting for her in the main room, and that thought made her worry more. She wasn't taking too long, right? Placing her curling iron and a few other things in her bag she looked towards the door of her room. What if he got impatient and left? Or what if he was worried? She was starting to think of this almost as a date and she felt herself panic more.

'Luna, calm down.' She said to herself. 'It's just a walk to his house for a small sleep over. Nothing mor--' Luna paused, looking down at herself. 'W-Why did I change first?! I'll be walking down the street in my nightgown!' Luna scolded herself as she sighed and began to walk down the long hallway with her bag to where Subaru was waiting. Reaching the room, she noticed him standing by the door, the sleeping bag under his arm.

"I'm ready." Luna said softly as she walked toward him. "Sorry for the wait."

"It's fine." Subaru responded as he looked at her. It was the first time he had seen her hair not all prepped up into some unique hairstyle. Her nightgown was an aqua blue with green lace around the collar and the bottom. The nightgown ended a few inches above her feet.

"So, the curls aren't natural?" War Rock asked, killing the silence.

"War Rock!" Subaru exclaimed.

"What? Like you weren't thinking the same thing."

"I-er..."

Luna just glared as she walked passed him. "Let's just go. It's late, isn't it?"

"Y-yeah." Subaru stuttered. He felt a little nervous, but shrugged it off, figuring it was just what War Rock said. The two headed out the door and began walking down to Subaru's house in the cold night. Luna crossed her arms, a bit cold. She really wished she didn't change beforehand...

Luckily, the walk was still fairly quick, despite her feeling somewhat nervous. As they headed into the house, the three who had previously been talking, looked at the two and stared.

"What is it?" Luna asked.

"The curls weren't natural?" Gonta asked, walking over to her. He poked her head as Luna's anger quickly rose. "Wow."

"And she looks so much shorter now..." Kizamaro added, heading over to Luna. "I feel so much taller..."

Subaru quickly stepped back knowing what was soon going to unfold. Luna quickly grabbed Kizamaro by his shirt collar and threw him at Gonta. "Hmph!" And with that, she walked passed the two, anger still on her face.

At that moment, Ayane came to make sure everybody was there. "Alright, looks like you're all here no..." She trailed off as she noticed the two boys laying on the floor. "Are you two okay?"

They both nervously held up their hands, making an OK sign with their fingers. "Alright then. So, how about everybody gets changed? And Inchou, seeing how you're already done, maybe you can help me move the table and chairs a bit."

"Sure, I'd be happy to." Luna said softly, heading over to Akane. Subaru headed to his room to go change while Misora headed to the bathroom. Gonta and Kizamaro were allowed to change in Akane's room.

Luna helped Akane move the table back a bit and the couches away, leaving enough room for five sleeping bags before the television. The two began putting each one down. From left to right, a yellow one that belonged to Gonta, a pink one that belonged to Luna, a blue one that belonged to Subaru, a purple one that belonged to Misora, and finally, a green one that belonged to Kizamaro.

"Are you two done?" Subaru asked, walking into the living room in his light blue pajamas.

"Just finished!" Akane exclaimed, a smile on her face.

"I can't believe you invited everybody over." Subaru remarked, looking at the five sleeping bags on the floor.

"Well, at the rate you were going, it seems you five would've been there until you passed out. Besides, this is a fun gathering, isn't it?"

"You seem to always end up having the most fun whenever anyone comes over."

Akane just gave a smile and laughed. Misora entered the room soon after in a white t-shirt and pink shorts, followed by Gonta and Kizamaro who wore a pair of yellow pajamas and a pair of green pajamas. "Well, now that everybody is here...I expect everyone to get to bed."

The five groaned as they each climbed into their sleeping bags. It didn't take long for most of them to go to sleep, but Luna was having quite a bit of trouble. She turned to her left and saw Gonta snoring away and sighed. Turning to her right, she was greeted with Subaru, who was fast asleep as well. Luna sat up in her sleeping bag and pulled her knees to her chest. She laid her head down and closed her eyes. 'Why does it still feel things weren't right?' She thought to herself. Luna began to get up and stepped around Gonta to try and walk around a bit. Maybe that could get her tired, right? It was probably because she fell asleep earlier that she was still up...But for some reason, Luna felt that wasn't true. She looked back over at the four that remained, still fast asleep. Walking down the hallway of Subaru's house, she found herself stopped at the door to his room. Opening the door softly, she looked around. It hadn't changed since the last time she was in it, which wasn't too much of a surprise to her. Luna had only been in his room a few times, but it was something she remembered clearly.

Meanwhile...

"Subaru! Hey, SUBARU!" War Rock yelled, trying to get the boy up.

"Oi...what is it, War Rock?" Subaru asked, obviously still tired.

"Well, first of all, your girlfriend is gone."

"My what?" Subaru asked, before looking to his left. "You mean Lun--erm, Inchou?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Second, I feel something, so get up."

"Fine.." Subaru groaned, getting up. "And she's not my girlfriend."

Subaru made his way passed Gonta and headed down the hall.

"Just a little further..." War Rock started. "Or not."

"What do you mean or not?!" Subaru exclaimed.

"The feeling is gone." War Rock stated in a factual tone.

"And you made me get up?"

"It was there."

However, Subaru had gotten distracted when he noticed something. "What is it, Subaru?"

"My door is open..." Subaru started, heading into the room. Looking up, he saw Luna sitting on his bed, looking out the window. He watched her turn her head and quickly stand up.

"I'm sorry!" She exclaimed, looking down at her feet. Normally she'd be stubborn or have some kind of remark, but there was no reason she should of been in his room on his bed when they were all supposed to be asleep.

Subaru didn't know what to say. After a few moments, he could only manage to ask one question "Why are you in here?"

"I couldn't sleep." Luna said softly. "I didn't want to wake anyone so I decided to move so I could think without accidentally waking anyone up. It's none of your business though."

"How is it none of my business when you're in my room?"

"I said sorry for that! It's just none of your business why I left the room." Luna crossed her arms and looked away. "You're so noisy." And with that, Luna began to walk down the stairs, over to Subaru who still hadn't moved from the doorway.

"Is she always this much of a hypocrite?" War Rock asked.

"And are you always such a rude alien who can't mind his own business?"

"I guess so."

"Why can't you just shut up?!"

"Because I don't want to."

"How can you even stand him?!" Luna asked, turning to look at Subaru.

"I have no idea." Subaru answered honestly. He may have become to befriend War Rock, but sometimes he wished he could just shut him up too.

"It's not my fault she is a hypocrite." War Rock said simply.

"I said SHUT U--" But Luna was interrupted as she felt a hand cover her mouth.

"Shh... You'll wake everyone up." He slowly moved his hand away from the red-faced girl.

"S-sorry..."

"Well, did you want to talk about anything? If you can't sleep, it might help."

"Even if I did, I wouldn't want to talk to you about it."

Subaru just sighed. This was going to be a long night...

End of Chapter 7

If you want to leave a review for this story, click here! You can also read the reviews left for this story so far here.