Author's Note

Yay! Chapter 2. I figured I'd at least get one more chapter up so people can see how the Chapter fics will be shown on the site XD So yes, enjoy.

Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next

Two Years - Chapter 2

Luna just stared. She had never wanted school to end as badly as she did that very second, she just wanted to go home, heck anywhere, to get away from all this. She felt so stressed, she was shaking, and she was on the verge of just starting to cry and making sure somebody paid for the pain she was feeling in that moment. Luna was snapped out of her musings as she felt a note hit her hand. Looking down at it, she recognized the handwriting immediately to be Subaru's. Even though he only called her "Inchou", which she wished he wouldn't, written on the paper was simply "Luna". She wouldn't admit it, but she longed to hear Subaru say her name, even if just once. Opening the paper, she made sure to read every last word:

Hey, are you okay? You seem really stressed.

Maybe she was more stressed then she thought. Quickly squiggling down a reply, she passed the note back towards him. Subaru opened the note, and began to read it, looking over towards the shaking girl.

I'm fine.

'Something tells me that's not the case...' Subaru thought to himself, as he continued reading along.

You knew she was the transfer student, didn't you?

Subaru wrote back and tossed the note back over to Luna, still quite concerned. As Luna opened the note once more, she felt her blood boiling as she read it.

If you say so. But yeah, I knew.

Looking towards the boy who held her heart, she felt the anger in her eyes and as did he, feeling a bit alarmed by how Luna was looking at him. Clutching the note in her fist, she wasn't able to keep her cool as she yelled "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!"

The classroom paused, everybody stared, it was quiet enough to hear a pin drop. "Inchou, are you alright?" Ikuta-sensei asked.

"I-I'm fine..." Luna stuttered. She hated being here even more as seconds passed. "May I just have a few moments with Hoshikawa-kun outside please?"

Subaru seemed to be surprised at the request, but was even more surprised when Ikuta-sensei agreed to it. Before he could even get a response, Luna had grabbed his wrist and had begun dragging him out of the room. Misora glared as she watched them go out the door which Ikuta-sensei closed behind them. The other classmates could hear Luna yelling outside faintly, but Ikuta-sensei just smiled and continued on with the lesson.

"I can't believe you didn't tell me!" Luna exclaimed at the still nervous boy.

"She asked me not to tell anyo--"

"I'm the class president! I'm supposed to know about anything that has to do with the school! And doesn't she live far away from here?!"

"Well, actually, she's taking the house next door to mi--"

"Are you kidding me?! WHY ARE YOU JUST TELLING ME NOW?!"

Subaru stared confused. "Why does it bother you so much?"

Luna paused, her finger in the air and mouth open to say something, but she couldn't think of a reason. What was she supposed to say? I love you and I don't want to lose you to her? Her thoughts were interrupted though by noise coming from Subaru's transer.

"Looks like somebody still has a case of puppy lo--" But before he could finish, Luna had grabbed onto Subaru's transfer, using Subaru's legs for reports. "SHUT UP WAR ROCK!"

"Someone is still in denia--"

"I SAID SHUT UP!"

And with that Subaru was busy trying to balance War Rock AND Luna on his arm. "What is up with you two?!" Subaru exclaimed as the two continued arguing, Luna making sure War Rock didn't get a word in. Within a few moments, there was a crash, which got Ikuta-sensei to check on them outside.

"Are you two ok--" He stopped as he looked at the sight before him. The two had fallen over, ending with an incredibly red faced Luna on top of a mostly confused yet slightly pink cheeked Subaru. "We-we're fine Ikuta-sensei..." Luna said softly as she moved off of Subaru, to a place on the floor next to him. As Subaru sat up, he looked at students from the classroom who had followed towards the door to look out at the scene. Many of the kids were snickering as Ikuta-sensei motioned for them to be quiet. "You two can just stay out here as second period will start in about a minute, so make sure to finish up." Ikuta-sensei said as he headed back into the classroom, making sure everybody sat down. As the door closed once again, Luna looked over to Subaru to see that he had already stood up. Noticing Luna was still on the floor, Subaru crouched down and offered his hand to her to help her up. Luna stared into his dark brown eyes, feeling her cheeks become brighter, despite the fact that her embarrassment had yet to leave. Taking his hand, Subaru helped the poor girl up. "I'm sorry about that..." Luna said sheepishly.

"It's fine, don't worry about it. We can both just blame War Rock." Subaru responded, a small smile on his face. For the first time since the new student arrived, Luna smiled and laughed, removing the embarrassment in her face. Subaru always managed to make her feel better, whether he realized it or not. However, the happiness was short lived as the bell began to ring, signaling that it was now second period, and within seconds, out came Misora from the door.

"So, let's begin this tour, shall we?" Misora said, quickly intervening between the two, causing Subaru to let go of Luna's hand. Misora hadn't changed, still a tom-boy with her short spiked bob and her overly baggy hoodie with her shorts and sneakers. She had her hood down though, which she had started doing more now that she was older, but for that second, Luna felt incredibly cold, like all the warmth in her body left the second Subaru's hand left hers. Luna shook her head, she just had to get through this tour quickly, so she could get back to class and be next to Subaru for the day, just like always.

"You know, I'm sure Subaru-kun could just show me around, Shirogane-san." Misora said. "I mean, he has seen the school and I think Ikuta-sensei wanted to talk to you."

Luna twitched. "As class president, it's my duty to show you around. Subaru is only here as Itsuka-sensei thinks it's more fun if I bring somebody else along." Well, the first part was true, but it was Luna who asked if she could bring Subaru along. Usually she would bring Gonta and Kizamaro, but she wanted to bring Subaru, and of course with her luck, the one time she does, here comes Hibiki-san.

"Fine, fine. Why did you become class president anyway?"

"I think it's fun." Luna said softly. To be honest, she originally did it just to impress her parents. She just kind of continued with it after that.

"Well, let's get this on the road. We have a satellite and a hero after all, so it shouldn't take too long." Misora said as the trio continued walking down the hall.

"Wh-what did you just call me?!" Luna exclaimed. It brought back bad memories, afterall, the last time she heard it was when Subaru said it about two years ago. That moment was still fresh in her brain, because while she seemed angry, she was mostly hurt if anything.

"Satellite. Subaru told me how he called you that once and sometimes says you still act like one."

"You said what?!" Luna turned towards Subaru who looked a bit confused if anything. He did remember calling her that two years ago, afterall, who couldn't forget how mad she got...Plus she did finally get him into school too that day. He also remembered telling Misora that, but he couldn't think of a time he said it recently, even if he could agree that she still kind of is a satellite, Subaru wasn't the type of person to try and hurt someone, even if they bothered him.

"You can at least admit it or something rather than being all silent and ignoring me!" With that, Subaru snapped out of his thoughts to his blonde haired friend who's face was just a few inches from his. "Stupid." She said with a huff as she backed down and turned her head away from him.

"If you two are going to act like this, it's going to take all day." Misora said as she grabbed Subaru's wrist. "So let's go!" "H-hey! Wait up!" Luna yelled, as she chased after the two only to grab Subaru's other wrist, causing the trio to collide. "You don't have to drag him along!"

"Why? You do it all the time and if you keep yapping, we'll just end up missing class all day!"

"Me? You're the one who started going on and on about things!"

"Will you two stop it?!" Subaru exclaimed, pulling his arms out of the two girls' grips. "It's both your fault and if you keep shouting, we're going to get in trouble and I don't think either of you want to get detention." Despite Subaru mentioning to both girls, he made sure to look towards Luna at the end, as he knew she would be the most upset about it, especially when she'd have to let her parents know.

The two girls nodded slowly and looked at each other, agreeing on a temporary truce, and with that, the tour truly began, with less fighting and less talking as well.

By the time they finally finished, the bell for lunch had rung and the three headed to the cafeteria. Luna looked to see their class heading in and waved over to Kizamaro and Gonta, afterall, they were her friends, she always sat neat them along with Subaru. She watched as they walked over to her and right when she was about to say something, she watched them and the rest of the class head over to Misora. That cold feeling from earlier had returned. Sighing, Luna headed to a table away from the crowd and took a seat, taking her lunch from her backpack. Just as she was about to take a bite, she noticed Subaru take a seat next to her.

"Do you mind?" Subaru asked, noticing her eyes on him.

"N-no, of course not." Luna said quickly, turning back to her food. "I just thought you'd be over with Hibiki-san."

"Why?"

"Well, she's your friend and all. Plus everybody else is over ther--"

"What does it matter if everybody else is? Besides, she may be my friend, but I don't have to be a fan of her too, do I?"

Luna thought about it for a second before responding. "I guess not."

"You don't seem to be a fan either, besides your initial dislike for eachother."

"I guess I never found the big deal." Luna responded. "Is our dislike that obvious?"

"I would say so. I have no idea why, but you two argue a lot." Subaru shrugged his shoulders as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"Just realize I don't need your company and it wouldn't matter to me if you weren't here." Luna quickly remarked, as she took a bite of her sandwich.

"I know." Subaru responded, a smile on his face.

"Then why are you smiling?!"

"No reason."

"You're impossible!"

And with that, Luna looked away, but she couldn't help and smile a bit as a pink tint lit her cheeks, afterall, maybe she could still have fun at school with Subaru afterall. However, just as quickly as she felt relieved, it vanished as she heard a "Sorry about that!" and watched none other than Misora slide down into the empty seat next to Subaru. And to no surprise to Luna, more kids came soon after. Gonta had taken a seat across from Luna, Tsukasa had taken one across from Subaru, and Kizamaro had taken one from across Misora. Misora was still being asked questions as many of the other students took seats around her, trying to get as close as possible. Luna sighed. It may have been nice while it lasted, but now, her old feelings returned and she just wanted to leave as soon as possible.

End of Chapter 2

If you want to leave a review for this story, click here! You can also read the reviews left for this story so far here.