Author's Note

Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next

Mega Man Star Force: Zero - Bonding

Today was Saturday, and after the day she had Luna decided to do something she never did, sleep in. It was the first time in a while that she slept peacefully, and she wasn't about to get up before she was ready.

Xerox got up earlier and was helping Luna's mom make breakfast. She found out about Xerox by accident. She walked into Luna's room to check on her since she looked exhausted when she came in. Xerox materialized and was watching over Luna, when her mother walked in and almost had a heart attack. Xerox then had to piece together a story that after the school trip Luna decided to upgrade to a Battle Wizard for protection, and to his surprise she believed it. He hit it off instantly with her family.

“Thank you for helping in the kitchen, Xerox,” Mrs. Platz said as she finished making the eggs.

“Not a problem Mrs. Platz, I just want to be as helpful as I can,” he said enthusiastically as he washed the dishes.

“So, what do you think of my daughter?” she asked walking over to Xerox.

“I like her, she's a genuinely good person. You've raised her well,” he said quite honestly, but also to get on her mother's good side.

“Yeah well, I'm sure you've noticed,” she said making Xerox look up at her, “She used to be much happier, but after four years ago...” she looked down.

Xerox put the plate he was washing down and floated next to her, “What happened four years ago?” he asked.

“She lost someone, someone very important to her,” Mrs. Platz looked up and looked really worried for Luna, “She hasn't truly smiled for the longest time,” she then took Xerox's hand, “Xerox, you're her Wizard now. Please, bring back her smile.”

Xerox saw how desperate she was, and felt her pain. He then looked at her and nodded, “I won't let you down,” Mrs. Platz smiled when he said that.

Xerox decided that a good way to start a friendship Luna was to bring breakfast to her. He was hoping to surprise her, but he was the one who was surprised. He slowly opened the door and saw that Luna was already waking up, but with her long blond hair out and in her white night gown, she looked like a goddess. For a second all Xerox could do was stare at her.

She walked over to her window and looked outside with the Visualizer, “Geo...” she said to herself remembering something from four years ago:

It was after Geo saved the world from Meteor G, and after Mega and his father came back from space. Geo went to Luna's house that night to tell her the good news. They were now standing next to each other at that window looking outside. Geo had the Visualizer on and was looking at the Wave Road with a smile.

Suddenly Luna took Geo's arm and hugged it, startling Geo a bit, “Prez?” he looked at her for a second, smiled, and looked out again, “I'm glad things are peaceful again,” he said in a peaceful tone.

“Does that mean you won't turn into Mega Man again?” she asked making Geo raise an eyebrow.

“Are you going to miss your hero?” Geo asked sarcastically.

“Not really, he's right here,” she stated looking at him. She then looked outside again, “Why did you decide to become Mega Man anyway?” she asked.

Geo handed her the Visualizer, “Put this on. I want you to see something,” she put on the Visualizer and was amazed. She not only saw the Wave Road, but she saw all of the different EM waves working.

“They look alive...”

“That's because they are,” Luna looked at Geo confused when he said that, “Every EM wave has their own personality, and every action you do is carried out by them. If you send an E-Mail to Bud for example, it gets sent to the Wave Road, where an EM wave picks it up and flies it over to Bud's Hunter VG.”

“That's amazing! So they're helping us all the time, and we don't even realize it?”

“Yep. People don't understand, but they're apart of our world too, and it's Mega Man's job to defend this world, and that one too.”

“But every time there's a battle, you go out there and come closer and closer to dieing! This last time you were almost lost in outer space forever!” she then walked off a bit and continued with her back turned to Geo, not wanting him to see her face, “I know I'm hard on you Geo. I yell at you a lot, I boss you around, I expect a lot from you, but I'm only like that because I care about you,” Geo noticed that she was trembling, and walked over to her, “I'm afraid Geo. Afraid that the next time you go, you won't come back,” she was shocked by what happened next. Geo hugged her from behind.

“You know, there's another reason why I fight,” he said softly, “If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have found the Star Force, or been able to control the OOPart, heck, I wouldn't be standing here right now if it weren't for you.”

“Geo...” she couldn't hold back the tears anymore. She turned around and cried in his arms as he continued to speak.

“You're the main reason Mega Man even exists. If you were ever in danger, I would search the entire universe for you. You're that special to me.”

It was right then that she realized something. It wasn't Mega Man she loved, it was Geo. She always loved him, but found it easier to openly love Mega Man. Right now though, she saw the connection between the two, and she realized that Mega Man would always be Geo Stelar first, even if he himself insisted otherwise.

Luna just stood their for a while remembering, until she heard Xerox clear his throat. She turned around and saw him carrying a tray of eggs, bacon, toast, and a glass of orange juice, “Um, Xerox.”

“Yeah, I thought it would be nice gesture to surprise you with breakfast, but you got up before I could, so...”

“No, that's really sweet of you. Thank you Xerox,” she said with a smile. Xerox took a good look at her and realized what her mother meant. There was still this hint of sadness in her smile.

He flew into her room and sat the tray on her bed. She went over to her bed and sat down to eat, surprised by how good it was, “This is really good. Did you make this?” she asked.

“Actually your mom did,” Luna chocked on her food a little when he said that, “Don't worry, as far as she's concerned I'm just a normal Battle Wizard.”

“That's good. I don't think I'm ready to tell her that I'm Zero yet,” she said relieved.

“Oh, that reminds me, they mention us on the news. Called you the 'crimson armored hero, Zero',” Xerox said looking at Luna with a smile, “Looks like you're famous.”

“Wow...” Luna wasn't ready for that. It was only two days and she was already well known.

Xerox looked around, “So, you don't seem to have school today, what should we do?” he asked, not used to the customs of “weekend”.

“Oh, I have a few ideas,” she said drinking her orange juice. Xerox was confused, but he decided to trust her.

Elsewhere in a dark throne room, Harpuia was bowing to a man sitting in a large red throne. The man was hidden in the shadows, but it was clear that he had a red visor over his eyes.

“My liege, Phantom has reported that the fugitive Xerox has found a human partner,” Harpuia stated.

“Do we have any information on the human?” the master asked in a voice that sounded like two voices in one.

“It seems to be a girl, around the age of fourteen human years.”

“I see,” the master looked like he was thinking.

“What are your orders sire?” Harpuia asked looking up.

“I want you to capture Xerox and the human girl. We may be able to use her as well.”

“Yes my master, I shall tell the other three Guardians immediately,” and Harpuia floated away from the throne room.

“Soon you're power shall be mine, devil,” the master said to himself, clenching his fist.

After Luna finished breakfast and got dressed, she went up to Vista Point. This time however, she was looking out at the view of Cyber City. She put on the Visualizer and looked at the Wave Road with a smile. Xerox materialized next to her, “You ready?” he asked.

“Let's do it,” she said holding up her Hunter VG. Xerox flew back inside of her Hunter, and she held her hand up in the air. “Transcode 666!!! Zero!!!” she then disappeared into a red light, and reappeared on the Wave Road going to Cyber City, only she was Zero now.

Once she made it to Cyber City, she saw all of the local viruses there and smirked, “Now listen, the Four Guardians are tougher than anything you've ever faced, and we can't expect other EM waves like that Acid Ace guy to help us all the time,” Xerox said to Zero.

“Got it,” Zero nodded, and then charged forward and began fighting the viruses. She didn't even use that many Battle Cards, just normal slashes with her sword arm, which she earlier learned was called the Z-Saber. They were at it for at least a few hours until Zero fell to her knees in exhaustion.

“Hey, you okay kid?” Xerox asked her.

“Just tired, I think I've hit my limit for now,” she breathed out.

“Being in Wave Form is pretty stressful the first time you do it. You should Trans Out, after all it is lunch time,” Xerox said pulling up a clock on Zero's screen, it was two o'clock.

“Right, let's go then,” Zero said before teleporting off the Wave Road in a red beam of light, unaware that Taurus Fire was watching her with his arms crossed.

“Luna...” he said before he Transed Out himself.

Luna and Xerox were sitting in a table outside eating lunch. Well, Luna was, Xerox didn't order anything.

“Are you sure you don't want anything?” Luna asked Xerox.

“I'm an EM wave, I don't need to eat or sleep remember?”

“Well still, you can eat, right?”

“Um... I guess so... maybe...” truth was Xerox didn't even know the answer to that question. He then decided to try a french fry. His eyes were wide and he soon tried another.

Luna giggled, “Do you want my fries?” she asked with a smile.

“Yes please!” Xerox said pulling her fries over to him.

After laughing a bit at how silly Xerox looked chowing down on french fries, she finally asked, “Hey Xerox, can I ask a personal question?”

“Uh, sure,” he said looking at her.

“Why are the Four Guardians after you?” she asked. Xerox looked down and closed his eyes.

“Truth is, I don't know. I don't know anything about myself except for my name, and the name we use when we Wave Change together. I don't even know if I'm an AMian or an FMian. All I know is the FM king and the Four Guardians all call me a 'devil'.”

“Why do they call you that?”

“I don't know. I first I thought that it was something to get under my skin, but everyone on the planet calls me that. When we first met, I had just fought all of them. I couldn't beat all four of them at once, so I created a diversion to escape once I saw how close I was to Planet Earth.”

“Who are the Four Guardians anyway?”

“They're the right hands of the FM king. There's the leader, Harpuia of the Storm, Fenrir of the Flame, Leviathan of the Lake, and the one from yesterday, Phantom of the Shadow. All four of them are the best of the best. They live, breathe, and eat war.”

“Are they all as strong as Phantom?” Luna asked, afraid of the answer.

“Are you kidding? He's the weakest!” that made Luna jump, “Like I said, you don't want to fight the leader, Harpuia. He could destroy this entire city by himself if he wanted to.”

“Then we better keep training. I just wish I had another person to train with,” she began thinking to herself about what to do about that.

“Okay, my turn to ask a personal question,” Xerox said startling Luna a bit.

“Okay. What do you want to know?”

Xerox knew that this would make her a little upset, but if he wanted to keep his promise to her mom, then he had to ask this question, “Who's Geo?”

Just as he expected, Luna got really emotional. For a second she looked like she couldn't find the words, eventually she took in a deep breath, “Do you really want to know?”

“Yes, I do,” Xerox looked serious.

“Well, let's see, he was someone precious to me. My shooting star.”

Xerox thought it was a weird term, but the look on her face told him what she meant, “So, you loved him?”

“Yeah, I did, and I still do.”

“Could he Wave Change?” Xerox didn't know why he asked that, but he just had a feeling he should.

“Mega Man,” she said confusing Xerox a bit, “That was the name of his Wave Form.”

“So everyone knew him as Mega Man, but you knew him as Geo?”

“Well, I didn't always know. At first I thought Geo was one of the biggest dorks I saw,” she laughed a bit as she remembered the past, “I'll never forget the day I found out.”

“How did you find out?”

“Well, this FMian named Ophiuca captured me and used me as her partner to become Queen Ophiuca. She forced me to not only attack my parents, but also to fight Mega Man.

“So this wasn't the first time you EM Wave Changed?” he asked raising an eye brow (if he had one).

“No, but this was the first time I Wave Changed by my own free will.”

“So what happened?”

“After Mega Man defeated me, I returned to normal, but the Wave Space around us began to collapse, and well...”

The Wave Space around them was collapsing, and Luna was really scared.

“What's going on?!” she asked looking around.

“Kid!” Omega-Xis said getting Mega Man's attention. Back then Mega Man was in his original form, which replaced his left hand with Omega-Xis' head, “The Wave Space is collapsing! If it goes with her here then she'll find out who you are!”

“What?!” Mega Man then turned to Luna and spoke in a tougher voice, “Um, I have to go Miss. Don't worry, the Wave Space is just disappearing. You'll be home soo-!” Luna ran over to Mega Man and was hugging him tightly in fear, “Um!!!”

“I'm scared Mega Man!!! Don't leave me!!!”

“Wait!!! But!!!” Mega Man was trying to break free from Luna's embrace, but she had him pretty tightly.

“MEGA MAN!!!!!!” she shouted as the Wave Space disappeared around them sending them back to her parents' snake exhibit. When she looked up, it wasn't Mega Man she was holding on to, “GEO!!!! GEO STELAR??!!!!” she shouted looking at a shocked Geo.

“Um...” he was at a loss as to what to do.

“You're Mega Man?!” she slowly stepped back, “But how... I don't understand...”

Xerox was cracking up after she finished the story, “Seriously?! You found out like that?!” he laughed out.

Luna looked embarrassed, but she was laughing too, “Yeah, that's how it happened,” she looked up with a smile, “I was so immature then.”

“So, where is he now?”

That made Luna loose her smile, and she looked down again, “Four years ago he got word of a weapon being sent from Planet FM. I tried to stop him, but I knew that he... that Mega Man was the only one who could stop them,” she pulled out the Visualizer and held it to her chest, “He gave me this right before he left. I've been waiting for him ever since,” she didn't think she would cry, but thinking about Geo so much she couldn't hold it in, “I miss him so much!” she said through her tears.

Xerox really felt for her. It was clear that she was in a lot of pain, and yet she was also helping him with his problem. He flew over to her and hugged her from behind. He didn't know it, but it was the same way that Geo hugged her that day at her house four years ago, which hit Luna hard.

“I'm sorry for your pain Luna,” he said softly, “I wish you didn't have to hurt so much, and I wish that I could do more to help you.”

“Xerox...” she held on to his arm and smiled, “You've done more than you know, Xerox,” as she spoke, a shadow came over her and Xerox. She looked up and saw Bud standing there in a Satella Police uniform with his arms crossed. He did not look happy, “Bud...”

“We need to talk... Zero,” he said in a serious tone.

End of Chapter 7

If you want to leave a review for this story, click here! You can also read the reviews left for this story so far here.