Author's Note

Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next

Mega Man Star Force: Zero - Four Years Later

“She's not running?!” both Bud and Zack said in unison. They quickly ran to the bulletin board to see the candidates for Student Council, and were horrified to see that the rumors were true. Not only was Luna Platz not running for president, but her name wasn't seen anywhere on the board.

In four years everyone had changed in their own way. Bud had gone through a serious physical change, replacing a good deal of his fat for muscle. Zack had also gone through a change. Three years ago he had a big growth spurt and while he was still the shortest one in the group, he was at least only a few inches below normal hight. Currently they were both wearing the school uniform, but Bud left his shirt open revealing a white t-shirt.

The crowd slowly dispersed from the board, leaving Bud and Zack to just stand there in shock. Taurus and Pedia materialized next to their operators, “Am I correct to assume that the rumors are true and Miss Luna Platz will not be participating in this years election?” Pedia asked, as Taurus went up to the board to see for himself.

“Yep, it's true,” Taurus said after going down the list a few times to make sure he didn't miss anything, “Her name ain't anywhere on this list,” Pedia went next to Taurus to see the board too, and nodded in confirmation.

“Oh dear, I wonder why?” Pedia asked more so to himself, but Bud and Zack looked at each other for a minute, and then ran off to Luna's classroom to confront her. Taurus and Pedia looked at where they were originally standing, and were surprised to see Bud and Zack not there.

“Wait for us!” they both said in unison as they flew off after their operators.

Luna was the only one left in the classroom. Physically, she still looked pretty much the same, except for a much older looking figure. Mentally however, she was a completely different person. She was quieter, and always looked sad. She was packing up her books when Bud and Zack ran into the classroom.

“Prez, what's going on?!” Bud asked.

Luna just looked up at him, “What do you mean?” she asked, even though she knew what they were upset about.

“You not running for Student Council!” Bud said while Zack nodded in agreement. Taurus and Pedia floated in and added their two cents to the issue.

“You're overall approval rating due to your physical appearance and intelligence combine to an overall percentage of 90.5 percent, giving you a 79 to 80 percent chance of winning the election,” Pedia said.

Taurus looked at Pedia confused, but then turned to Luna, “Uh, yeah. Not to mention you're the prettiest and smartest girl in school, giving you the popularity to win the election hands down,” Taurus said. Pedia looked at Taurus annoyed, realizing that Taurus just repeated exactly what he said.

“What they're saying is right Prez, there is no way you can loose this election, so why aren't you entering?” Zack asked.

Luna knew this was going to happen, but she wasn't any less annoyed, “I'm just not interested in that anymore,” she said frankly picking up her books and walking out of the classroom. Bud and Zack weren't going to give up that easily, so they ran after her. Pedia and Taurus digitized back into their Hunters.

“But Prez, you've been interested in politics for as long as Bud and I have known you,” Zack said as he and Bud walked after Luna.

“That was four years ago Zack. A lot can change in four years,” she said in a tone that sort of suggested that she wanted to end the conversation.

Bud had stopped walking and looked at Luna with a serious expression, “Does this have anything to do with Geo?” he asked, making Luna stop. Zack got really worried when Bud mentioned that, because he knew that this was a touchy subject.

“What if it does?” she asked softly.

“Prez, that was four years ago. I know you miss him, I miss him too, but we aren't going to move forward until we stop living in the past,” Bud stated. When he saw that she was trembling, he walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder, “It's going to be okay Prez, Zack and I-” she pulled away and turned to them, eyes filled with tears.

“It's going to be okay?! When?! When will the pain stop, huh?!” she shouted at them, getting real emotional.

“I... I don't know...” Bud said looking down.

“Really? Because you seem to have it all together! Both of you! It's like four years ago didn't even happen!”

“That's not true!” Bud said defensively, “It may not look like it, but I'm upset too. He was my Brother too, and I miss him just as much as you! But I'm with the Satella Police now, and I can't afford to sit around star gazing!”

“You talk as if he's dead!” Bud looked down in sadness at that, and Luna was shocked by his silence, “Wait, you believe the rumors don't you?”

Bud sighed in frustration, “It's been four years Prez,” Luna threw her hands in the air and shook her head, showing how she knew he was going to say that, “You saw his signal disappear. Face it, he's not coming back.”

Luna was really hurt hearing Bud talk like that. Four years ago, Mega Man was his hero. He was the one who always reminded them that Geo was going to be okay. Now he was giving up, and Luna got really upset, “I don't believe you... He was you're hero! He's the only reason you can Wave Change on your own now, and now you want to tell me to just give up on him?! Well, unlike some people, I'm not made of steel!”

“Prez...”

“Shut up Bison!” Bud was shocked when he heard that. She only referred to people by their last name when she was really angry at them, “There's nothing you can say that will change my mind!” she pulled out Geo's Visualizer from her purse and held it close to her heart, “He's my shooting star, and I'll wait for him, forever!” she then turned around and ran out of the school.

“Prez!” Zack called out running after her a bit. He then turned to Bud, who just looked really annoyed. Zack just shook his head looking worried. That was the main change that Geo's disappearance had caused.

The three of them... just weren't... as close...

Luna went up to Vista Point. There she dropped her bags, fell to her knees and wept, still holding Geo's Visualizer to her chest. Deep down she did wonder if Geo was dead, but she wanted so hard to keep believing in him. That was the reason she was crying, she was upset at herself because she did begin to doubt whether or not he was coming home.

“Luna?” she heard behind her. She turned around and saw Geo's mother walking up the steps.

“Mrs. Stelar,” Luna said through her tears.

“Oh, sweetheart,” Mrs. Stelar ran over to Luna and hugged her in a comforting way. She knew all to well why she was crying, and she understood Luna's pain.

“Mrs. Stelar, I don't know what to do anymore! I miss him so much!”

“I know, me too dear.”

“But it's been so long! I don't know how much longer I can wait for him! Even Bud and Zack have given up hope!”

“Really?” Mrs. Stelar took Luna's hand and held it tightly, “Well you listen to me, I don't believe those stories for one minute. I waited four years for Kelvin to return, and look at us now. Besides, you should know Mega Man's power better than anyone,” Luna calmed down a bit when she heard that. She tried to hand the Visualizer to Mrs. Stelar, but she stopped Luna, “No Luna, you keep it.”

“But he's your son!” Luna tried to reason.

“Yes, but you're his best friend, and the first person he told about being Mega Man. I want you to keep an eye out for him with those glasses and tell me if you see any sign of him okay?”

“Yes ma'am,” Luna said with a smile. Mrs. Stelar hugged Luna again, and walked off, “What are you going to do?”

“As his mother, I have to make sure the house is clean for when he returns,” Mrs. Stelar said with a smile. She then turned and walked back to her house.

Luna sat down on a bench and looked up at the sky, “You'll be back, right Geo?” she asked putting on the Visualizer, looking up at the Wave Road, hoping to find her shooting star.

End of Chapter 2

If you want to leave a review for this story, click here! You can also read the reviews left for this story so far here.